ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN INSPIRATIONAL QUEER PERSON OF COLOR TO SPEAK AT YOUR UPCOMING EVENT?
HIRE DOCTORJONPAUL TO SPEAK AT YOUR UPCOMING CONFERENCE, TRAINING, OR RETREAT
One of my favorite quotes is that the personal will always be political. Meeting the needs of QTPOC (Queer/Trans People of Color) is and will always be my main priority because they are often the most underserved. As I speak truth to power in my work, I make sure that I take the time to not only center the issues that are present in the community, but ways for us to work collaboratively to make our existence one that is inclusive.
While higher education is a passion area, I discuss much more than just issues of diversity. For me, diversity is recognizing the difference in a space while inclusion is about making sure everyone feels welcome in the space. Much of my writing and scholarly work has centered specifically on that, making sure the voices of marginalized people are heard because silence is in fact, violence.
Interested in hiring DoctorJonPaul to speak at your next event? Please click here to inquire.
DOCTORJONPAUL'S MOST REQUESTED SPEAKING TOPICS
My keynotes and workshops are meant to not only challenge, but to support those who are ready to do the work. My keynotes and workshops are not only inspiring, interactive and information, but they are designed to challenge the status quo while calling folks to action. The topics below can be delivered as a keynote, conference, breakout session, corporate/non profit training or webinar. Additional topics can be customized by request.
My presentations include:
- Examining issues for Queer/Trans People of Color
- Navigating the intersectional experiences of QTPOC
- Navigating the first year experience for first generation college students
- Cultural Competency
- Queer Race Pedagogy
- Creating safe & brave spaces for LGBTQ/QPOC individuals
- Decoding resiliency for students of color
Trainings I have provided include:
- Social Justice praxis in the classroom
- Diversity & multicultural training
- Making safe zones safer for QPOC students
- Using triggers to create meaningful conversations
- Navigating Respectability Politics
- Imposter Syndrome
As Featured In:
Colleges and Universities: